Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's been a while

I know, it's been a while since I updated! Well, there's been lots going on, and the thought of how much it would take to update it here was what kept me from writing.  So, I've decided to do a short list:

1.  New Job

I got a new job! My last day at the old job was March 20, and I actually start my new job tomorrow! I'm  excited and nervous, but really excited that my commute is going to be 10 minutes!! And, I will be working with people!!!! Very very exciting!

2.  Vacation

I've been on vacation for about 10 days, and it's been awesome.  Plenty of time for knitting, running, yard work, and relaxing.

3. Running

This is something I'm so proud of right now!  Over the past few months I have been running 4 to 5 times a week.  I've been slowly building up to running straight through, and increasing mileage and speed.  Today, I ran 4.8 miles without walking once.  I'm signed up for a 5 K mid April, and then, (this is super exciting), I'm signing up for a 10K here in Livingston! On my birthday! I can't wait.

4. Medical

So, we got health insurance finally, through Jon's job.  So, I was able to go to a doctor, a friend from my knitting group actually. A bunch of tests were done and I found out why I have been feeling so crappy for a very long time.  Nothing really serious, but two things that I'll have to monitor and take medication for, for the rest of my life.  Not ideal, however since I've started taking the medicine I have been feeling amazing!! Honestly, I feel like a different person, and I've found a joy in life, that I haven't felt for years.

5.  17 pounds, missing

And, I don't want it back! So, when I found out what was going on with my body, and I began fixing it, combined with the running, I've lost 17 pounds so far.  I'm still going strong, and my goal weight is 145. I have 56.6 pounds left to loose.  It's ok, you can do the math.  I'm down from a 16 to 14, and from xl to l, and I actually bought a size 12 pair of capris that are my short term goal, I can get them on, but they don't even come close to zippering.  I think another 10 to 15 pounds, and they'll slide right on!

6.  Missing my husband

And, I DO want him back! Jon left for the Grand Canyon about a week ago.  He'll be on the river for 24 days, and then about 4 or 5 days driving to and from, so about a month total he'll be gone.  The main benefit here is that for a month, the house will be clean and stay clean.  However, all in all, it's a total bummer! I miss my best friend.

Well, that's all for now!

I'll try to update about my first day or first week on the job!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Girl! I am assuming that your thyroid was part of the problem...sounds like my sister. I am so glad that you got a new job and are getting to where you want in life. AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kudos! Yes, one thing was hypothyroidism, but then I also have polycystic ovarian syndrome, both of which just mess with your body to no end. Soooo... btw anonymous, who are you? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay lauren! let me know how the new job is going. i can't wait to see pictures from jon's grand canyon trip. i just had dinner with christina last night..she is going on a rafting trip there this fall. i'm super jealous.

    susan

    ReplyDelete