Monday, January 4, 2010

Taking Action

Mondays, I love them and hate them. Mondays are my Sundays. Monday is the last day of my weekend, but also the day I devote entirely to relaxation. So today, like most Mondays I took in a movie. I saw The Blind Side, and it was wonderful. I cried through about 80% of the movie, but this is typical. But, today, this movie made me feel even more that something has just got to change. I'm wallowing. I don't want to wallow, I'm too old for angst. So with that feeling, I took action (again. It's really not like I'm not entirely trying, but depression takes an ugly hold most days and I'm probably not taking as much action as I can). This is a public forum no matter if people are reading or not (So far, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one) so for now, I can't quite say what that action was. But... one of these days. Let's all who read, cross our fingers.

So, on another note, I've got a sleeve! One sleeve down, one sleeve to go (I've started the second, but I'm only 2 rows in). I'm not such a fan of the double pointeds, I've got lines, not quite ladders, but defined lines that irk me. I tried getting shorter circs today but they are really hard to find in a size 7. So I think I might be stuck with the dpns.
That's my first sleeve ever!

I also have a case of what the Harlot refers to as "Startitis" I'm coming to the end of my sweater and I'm already contemplating what's next. I have the following possible patterns: Lace-ish Scarf, first time socks, new lovely sweater called Tree Jacket (but with long sleeves! I vowed against long sleeves after this last sleeving).

For the "Tree Jacket" which is very much a sweater and not a jacket at all. But, it sure is cute!

And this, for the lace-ish scarf. This one skein is supposed to get me an entire scarf. Hmmm I have my doubts, but I suppose, we'll see.


So that's all for now, I'll leave you with that peachy, pinky, orangey color for happy feelings.



No comments:

Post a Comment